Ageing and childbirth can change the size, shape, and tone of female genitalia. Some women in Gurgaon may be upset with the appearance of their genitals. It can be embarrassing, uncomfortable, and can cause sexual dissatisfaction. So, for such women, most gynaecologists in Gurgaon suggest aesthetic gynaecology.
Are you planning on opting for aesthetic gynaecology as well? Let us discuss what aesthetic gynaecology is? And how it can improve the physical appearance of your genital organs.
What is Aesthetic Gynecology?
Aesthetic gynaecology involves changing the female genital organs' physical appearance, like shape, size, symmetry, and more. It is an elective procedure.
Aesthetic gynaecology can have a positive impact on your intimate bonds and your emotional state. It can help improve the appearance of your genital organs, enhance beauty, self-esteem, and confidence.
Now that you know what aesthetic gynaecology is let us understand the common procedures associated with it.
Types of Aesthetic Gynecology Procedures
Some of the more common procedures associated with aesthetic gynaecology include:
Do you have a complaint of vaginal "looseness." which causes decreased sexual satisfaction? The main reason for this condition is childbirth, obesity, age, and menopause.
In vaginal "looseness," the muscles at the opening of the vagina are stretched, and the vagina's floor becomes weak. Vaginal prolapse can also cause looseness in the vagina. This condition occurs when ligaments, muscles, and skin of the vaginal area become weak.
If the support weakens, even more, the organs start falling out of their actual places. In most cases, the organs come out of the vagina, making vaginal reconstructive surgery necessary. It may also need a hysterectomy.
Symptoms of vaginal prolapse include:
- Vaginal bulging
- The pressure at the lower abdomen
- Painful intercourse
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Difficulty emptying bowels and bladder
- Decreased sensation during intercourse
Labia minora reduction
Labioplasty of the labia minora is the reduction of excess skin on the side of the clitoris. It is the second most common female genital plastic surgery procedure.
You can opt for a labia minora reduction surgery if you do not like the large protruding minora. Some functional problems you might face due to the labia minora enlargement are:
- Difficulties during sexual intercourse
- Irritation with some types of clothing
- Discomfort and pain while doing physical activities such as cycling or exercise
Due to an enlarged labia, you may have some aesthetic issues like "not feeling feminine" because of the extra tissue in the genital area.
Labia majora reduction
You can go for a labia majoraplasty if you feel your labia majora are too large or bulky. The medical reasons for labial reduction include:
- Correction of labial damage due to childbirth
- Elimination of discomfort and pain due to a larger and enlarged labia
- For personal aesthetic purpose, as cosmetic surgery
Labiaplasty minimizes the size of one or both sets of your labia, i.e., labia majora and labia minora. In practice, Labiaplasty is a surgical procedure performed under anaesthesia.
Now that you know the different procedures involved in aesthetic gynaecology let us discuss how the procedure is done.
How is an Aesthetic Gynecology Procedure Performed?
- Your surgery will happen under general anaesthesia by a gynaecologist.
- Your specialist will ask you to keep the bladder empty for a few hours before the surgery.
- Vaginal aesthetic surgeries involve hymen reconstruction (revirgination), clitoral unhooding, and G-spot amplification.
- In revirgination, your specialist will construct the hymen to restore your vagina to its virginal state.
- In clitoral unhooding, your specialist will perform surgery and remove the tissue covering the clitoris.
- In G-spot amplification, your specialist will inject collagen into the frontal vaginal wall, which increases sexual pleasure.
- The duration of the surgery ranges from one to three hours.
Now that you know how the surgical procedure is performed let us discuss the post-surgical care.
- After the surgery, you can resume daily activities in three to four days, depending on the surgery level.
- You must avoid any sexual activities for at least 3-4 weeks after the surgery.
- If you notice any abnormal discharge or bleeding, you should consult your gynaecologist.
Aesthetic gynaecology provides you with increased muscle tone and sensation in the genital area. It improves your attractiveness and boosts your self-confidence.
If you are having issues with the appearance of your genitals, look for the best gynecologist in Gurgaon and get the procedure done.