Are you experiencing severe cramps during your menstruation?
Are you worried about heavy periods?
Well, you need a proper check-up as early as possible. As an experienced lady doctor in Gurgaon, I will advise you to have a hysteroscopy in this situation.
If you search for one of the best gynecologists in Gurgaon Delhi, you have come to the right place.
Here we are going to discuss everything you need to know about hysteroscopy.
Read the article until the end to know in detail about your lady doctor's procedure in Gurgaon.
Let us start with an overview of hysteroscopy:
Well, hysteroscopy is a method that helps us to understand the reason for abnormal menstrual bleeding and cramping. We use a thin tube that has light in its head, naming hysteroscope for the procedure. It helps us to examine your cervix and uterus.
There are two types of hysteroscopy we perform to treat our patients.
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy- It is a process by which we diagnose the problems of the uterus. It is beneficial to understand the result of a few other tests. It requires an office set up to perform diagnostic hysteroscopy.
- Operative hysteroscope- We perform an operative hysteroscopy when we see any abnormality in diagnostic hysteroscopy. Here we use a small instrument during your diagnostic hysteroscopy to avoid any further surgery.
Now when we have given a clear idea about what hysteroscopy is all about, let us understand what the need for this procedure is:
You can't understand the requirement of hysteroscopy at your home. You may suffer from numerous issues where we may advise you to undergo this procedure. Only one of the best gynecologists in Gurgaon can understand the need for the process in your treatment.
Following are the situations when we may advise you to opt for hysteroscopy –
- Longer and heavier bleeding during your menstruation.
- Pain due to the cramping during your periods.
- Continuous bleeding after menopause.
- If there are any polyps, fibroids, or scarring on your uterus.
- When you are facing a problem in becoming pregnant.
- If you have already faced numerous miscarriages.
- If we find a requirement of doing a biopsy of your uterus.
- If you are opting for sterilization treatment for birth control.
- When your IUD needs further fixation.
You need to understand that in hysteroscopy, we insert a hysteroscope through your vagina. As a result, we can see the situation of your inner organs.
So, let us see how does the treatment goes?
Whatever the type of hysteroscopy you require, you have to be present in our clinic. In our clinic, we follow the following steps to perform the procedure.
- At first, we may put you on local anesthesia if it is required for you. Otherwise, we perform the procedure while you are awake.
- If you keep you awake during the procedure, we will use a particular medication for your relaxation.
- Along with this, we will use dilators to open your cervix.
- Then we will use a speculum, a unique tool to open your vagina.
- Now when your body is ready to undergo the hysteroscopy.
- We will insert the hysteroscope very gently through the cervix into your uterus.
- Then we will push saline water or gas to expand your uterus to get a clearer view of your uterus lining.
- Then we will take the required images and perform the simple surgery if needed.
what are the after the procedure of hysteroscopy?
The treatment is a straightforward one. So, you can return to your home on the same day. But you may experience mild cramping or bleeding after the treatment. We will provide you required pain killer medicines to ease your pain.
You must avoid sexual activities at least two weeks after the procedure. Along with this, you should follow the advice that we will give you.
Is there any risk associated with hysteroscopy?
Hysteroscopy is a medical-surgical process. Like all other procedures, you may face a few complications as well. These complications are as follows-
- You may develop infections after the treatment if you do not care properly.
- You may experience problems that can arise due to anesthesia.
- As we use gas or saline water for better images, it can create problems as well.
- In sporadic cases, you can experience damages in nearby organs as well.
- Along with this, you can suffer from pelvic inflammatory disease.
Now, if you have any further quarry, feel free to contact us.
Till then, stay healthy.